Saturday, November 19, 2011

Fear Not, Only Believe

But Jesus, not heeding the word spoken, saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Fear not, only believe.                    Mark 5:36

Oh, how often this has been Jesus' words to my heart! Yet again tonight as I read these words spoken by Jesus to Jairus, the ruler of the synagogue, they prick to the core of my soul. All week I have been praying for a specific answer to a need. I can't say that I have asked boldly without wavering. Begged over and over would be more accurate. I really want to believe that God is in the process of answering this prayer, but my faith is wearing thin. Tonight though as I read these words in my Bible my faith has been rekindled. Even if His answer to my prayer doesn't come like I think it should there is no fear! Jesus has it all under control. He has my back and that is my security. He is my security. John says it best, "Perfect love casts out the fear."(1Jn4:48) Jesus is PERFECT LOVE. When our faith, or belief lies in Him, He throws away the fear, all of it.
 Praise His Precious Name!

With LOVE,
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment