Monday, October 4, 2010

Review of Do You Know Who I Am?

Do You Know Who I Am?: And Other Brave Questions Women AskI just finished Angela Thomas’s new book, Do You Know Who I Am? : And Other Brave Questions Women Ask. It, like the other books I have read by Angela, was life changing. The premise of the book is to state up front the questions that most women struggle with at some point in their walk with God. For each question asked, we are given “God’s response.” Taking God’s naming of Himself to Moses as I AM, Angela lays out God’s I AM response to each of our questions to Him. The answer to our question of “Do You Know Who I Am?” lies in whether or not we know who God is.

This book is well written and easy to read. Angela’s storytelling abilities make the stories of her life and the scripture references come alive to the reader. Her line of reasoning comes through clearly, as each question is asked and then answered. Each chapter could stand alone separately so the reader could pick up the book and begin at any question that is tugging at their heart.

I would highly recommend this book to any woman seeking a deeper relationship the God of Heaven. As we long to know Him and be known by Him, this book is a very useful tool to see that process and understand both our and God’s position. He most definitely knows who we are. Let us learn through studies such as this who He is.

I was provided with a complementary copy of the book for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment