Monday, September 20, 2010

Love in Action

If you came here today from (in)courage, WELCOME! So glad you came. I pray the Lord speaks to you as loudly as He spoke these words to me. God Bless!
Zechariah 7:9-10 (New International Version)
9 "This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. 10 Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other.'


This passage from Zechariah follows the Lord’s questioning of the Israelites feasting and fasting days. It seems that they were only living to themselves, not to God. They had hardened their hearts and stopped up their ears so that they didn‘t hear the Lord‘s pleas for them to return to Him. I find that we are not so much different than they are. How often do I choose to look out at the widow or the orphan? What have I done to ensure that there is justice (correct order) in my society? When have I shown love, mercy and compassion in action to anyone (1Jn 3:16-24, James 1:27)?

Instead I have chosen to turn off the news because the degradation of society disturbs me and I don’t want to see it. I choose not to hear the cries of those who have no one to care for them. I declare that there is nothing that just one person can accomplish so I sit on my hands and wait on another to move. I am too lazy to step out of my comfortable sheltered life to actually love on anyone. At times even my own family must feel neglected by my lack of action on their behalf. Forgive me Lord!


I hope that you don’t find yourself as guilty as I did upon reading these verses. But if you have, there is forgiveness in Christ. I pray that mine is a true repentance. A 180 degree turn that will point me to Love in Action. How will anyone ever know that Jesus will work for them if they never see Him working in us? It is said that we are the hands and feet of Jesus. When I read my bible, Jesus is always moving with love and compassion to help others or teaching with passion and conviction so that sinners might repent. May you and I truly have the hands and feet of Jesus in this world TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment