Monday, August 27, 2012

Chris August, The Upside of Down

I have a new LOVE in the music world! Chris August has just released his new album "The Upside of Down" and let me tell you it is fantastic!!!! I know that you all think that I write kind reviews about everything no matter what, but my enthusiasm is not feigned in the least over this album. See what you may not know about me is that I have quite a varied palate when it comes to music. I like just about anything and everything that is indeed good music. And I also think I am a pretty good judge of good music. (if u agree with the TV judges :0) ) Anyway, all that said, I love this new album. Every song has a slightly different sound so you don't feel like you are listening to the same three songs over and over again. They range from soulful to pop-py and some gospel thrown in for good measure. One or two sound similar to the Chris August hit "Starry Night."
 
My very favorite, and the one I was singing as I sat down to write, is "I Believe."  The lyrics go like this:
I don't need a rainbow to know who made the rain
Don't need the waters parted to know who made the way
And I don't need a healing to know who is the cure
Of this I'm sure

[Chorus:]
I believe that there is something more than I can see
I believe that there is someone holding onto me
Sometimes I won't feel it, but that don't change a thing
'Cause it's by faith that I believe

This song and others on this album so completely describe where I am currently or have been recently in my walk with Jesus. And this is definitely an album about Jesus. Some "Christian" music  never even says His name, but Chris is "Unashamed of You" Jesus.

Now in his own words, here is Chris telling about the inspiration and writing of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment