Wednesday, November 23, 2011

TOBYMAC Christmas???

Christmas In Diverse CityI usually don't do Christmas at all until after Thanksgiving, but when TOBYMAC's Christmas in Diverse City came in the mail from my friends at The Media Collective I had to try it out. I was totally sceptical. TOBYMAC isn't who I think of singing "Silent Night" or "Away in a Manger." And he didn't sing either one..whew! He did hit some great classics like "The First Noel" and "Little Drummer Boy" (my favorite BTW.)

A warning however... This ain't your Grandma's Christmas album. It was great though! I can see myself listening to these songs year-round. They have that distinctive TOBYMAC sound and thump. He has invited several artist to join with him on this one as well: Leigh Nash, Owl City, Jamie Grace, and Nirva Ready just to name a few. If you like a little spice in your Christmas music, I highly recommend you get this one. If you don't, you better sit it out. I understand some that can't stand to change the classics, but I for one love it!

With LOVE,
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment