Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Chris Tomlin

Exciting news everyone!!! Chris Tomlin has a new release. It is a collection of my (and I am guessing your) favorite Chris Tomlin songs. Most of them are the same as the first recording but he has new recordings of : "Forever", "We Fall Down", and "How Great Is Our God". Including a new "World Version" of "How Great Is Our God". About that song Chris says,
"I’ve been thinking for awhile if I ever did a ‘Best Of’ I’d want it to be called ‘How Great Is Our God’ just because of what that song has done and what that song has become globally. It’s such a privilege to be a part of a song like that. We’ve traveled around the world and done these world tours with Passion and have connected with different international leaders and sung this song in 20 languages. It just seems to translate universally, as people have picked it up in their own countries and own languages. I thought I’d love to bring in some of my friends, worship leader friends from around the world, and do a world edition of this song [to] hear it in all of these languages. So we created a track and sent it to our friends in several different countries [asking] ‘Would you just sing this in your language, sing some harmonies, whatever you want to sing. We put it together and I can’t wait for people to hear it. It’s the most special thing I’ve ever recorded. I don’t think I’ll ever record anything like it again in my life. It gives you a sense that this is the whole world worshipping God."


It is totally awesome too! Even though parts of the song are sung in a different language you can sense the worship and the adoration of Our Great God!

I have always loved Chris Tomlin and his music. He is such a talented worshipper. But it became much more precious to me when my son gave his life to Christ at an event while Chris sang "Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)." I have been singing that song at church for some time and it will always be one of my favorites.  It is included on this album as well.

I highly recommend picking up this collection of the best of Chris Tomlin's worship songs! And a big thanks to Media Collective for giving me a sneak peak at the album!

No comments:

Post a Comment